Saturday 28 April 2012

Easter Cupcakes

Yes, you read that right, Easter Cupcakes! Alright, I know, a little out of season, but this is a post I intended on posting, well, on Easter. Just incase you happen to have a bag of mini Cadbury Eggs hanging around, and really don't mind out of season cupcakes, I figured there was no harm in posting. We'll call it inspiration for next year.

I found the idea on My Baking Addiction, and unlike many things I find and Pin to Pinterest and intend to make but never do, these ones actually happened. Go me! It was all very last min. so I don't have a fantastic "this is the best cupcake batter ever" recipe to share with you (I used a box mix, tisk tisk) BUT I do however have a "this is the best icing recipe ever" recipe to share. I've made this icing a few times, and yet again found it on Pinterest. It really is the best buttercream icing I've ever made, and I've had a few rave reviews saying the same. I believe the only change I made to the recipe was that I used 2 tsp of vanilla instead of 3, but I can't remember (I know, I'm useless). Give it a whirl, you wont be disappointed!

Best Buttercream Icing recipe, click HERE. I used Chocolate Fudge cake mix for the cupcake. They were deeeelish.


No comments:

Post a Comment