Thursday 6 October 2011

Waiting...

While waiting for my little lady to arrive, I have been doing a good job of filling my days with things I enjoy. Walking around this beautiful town with friends or the puggle, tea dates, sleeping in (slightly) & baking.

Last week I made about 12 dozen cookies to freeze for the times ahead when baking will be the last thing on my mind. I also make some brownies for the hubby, and some S'mores cookie bars for my co-workers. I didn't take any photos of either, but I'll attach the S'mores recipe below as it was a huge hit. The brownies were a hit too, but I cheated on those and used a package.

This week I got a little more creative and made some English Muffins & Pretzel Balls. Yumm! Both were super easy, and super delish.

My English muffin skills need to be refined a little to make them a bit bigger, but otherwise they are fantastic. I made two batches, which made 24 in total, and I froze the majority of them. The whole recipe cost well under $5, if you already have everything on hand, which I did. I found the recipe for those here:

ENGLISH MUFFINS



The Pretzel Balls were equally as cheap, and even easier. They took only about 2 hours, including rise time. The recipe says to dived dough into 6 balls, I did 7, but next time I would do about 12, as they are pretty huge for a single serving. Having these in the freezer will be great for when a soft pretzel craving sneaks up on me, which is more often then one would think. Recipe below:




And as promised, here is the recipe for the S'mores Cookie bars. They were tricky to make I must say. I told Joshua I would never do it again, but since receiving the reviews, I've changed my mind. The only thing that was tricky about them was the cooling and cutting of them. Because it's real chocolate, and fluffy marshmallow I let them cool before removing them from the pan for 6 hours (!!) and they were still a mess to cut. I think next time I'll put them in the fridge for a few hours before cutting, after they are done cooling.


Happy Baking!!

40 weeks pregnant...

Beautiful Fall...



No comments:

Post a Comment